I like the new new version much better.

With the old new one, I kept going through the search bar, and contrary
to David Cramer's opinion, I like being able to drill town to what I'm
looking for (as long as it's not frustrating trying to find it).  It
gives me the sense that I know where I am, and that I could send someone
else to the right place if I needed to.

Cheers,
Cliff