I tried both reopening [1] and filling a new ticket [2], but looks
like I'm doing it the wrong way as they kept being closed. So here I
come asking for help on the list.

On syncdb, contrib.auth will create default permissions for each model
you have (add, change, delete). But the permission names aren't
translated, thus making the permission system kind of unusable to non-
speaker users without manually editing all permissions names. I tried
a patch [3], but seems like 'syncdb' doesn't load translations.

Seemed like a trivial fix, but didn't work as I expected, so I'm
looking for advice to someone more experienced on Django internals.

Thanks.

[1] http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/1688
[2] http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/11105
[3] http://code.djangoproject.com/attachment/ticket/11105/11beta1.diff