On May 13, 5:27 pm, Malcolm Tredinnick <malc...@pointy-stick.com>
wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-05-13 at 13:14 -0700, hcarvalhoalves wrote:
> > I tried both reopening [1] and filling a new ticket [2], but looks
> > like I'm doing it the wrong way as they kept being closed. So here I
> > come asking for help on the list.
>
> The reason in both cases was explained in the tickets (and in the
> contributing.txt document). If you want to address a ticket that has
> been resolved unsatisfactorily for your purposes, then a discussion on
> this list is the appropriate way. Otherwise we'd never get any peace
> with people opening tickets on already resolved issues.

I understand now, thanks.

> > On syncdb, contrib.auth will create default permissions for each model
> > you have (add, change, delete). But the permission names aren't
> > translated,
>
> You aren't describing the problem correctly, as far as I can see.
> Translating at *syncdb* time doesn't make sense. Translate into which
> locale? Your viewers could be using any locale at all when they get
> around to viewing things.

I understand the point, but as translation from db content isn't in
the timeline, and auth wants to create permissions, it could at least
be translated to the LANGUAGE_CODE for the settings you use when
syncing, as a slight improvement. Won't break anything because there's
already codename for consistent, non-locale related naming; and is
certainly less evil than hard-coding names in English.

Even if this can't or doesn't seem right to be done on the current
state of Django, I would be grateful for some advice on improving the
patch to implement the desired behavior - it's a really needed
feature.

Best regards,
Henrique Alves