That is definitely a very interesting and useful example, appreciate
you posting it.  I just took a quick look at the source for class
ModelAdmin and it seems to me that the get_changelist_formset() and
get_changelist_form() methods do not have the obj argument, so I don't
see how to do the same thing in the changelist.  This is one of the
things I struggled with, and why I had to extract the id field out of
the form and send it back with my ajax request.  Am interested in if
you see a workaround for that - I would definitely prefer to not be
using ajax calls.

Margie