On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 6:54 AM, SeanOC <sean.b.ocon...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> During the Djangocon sprints I started to work on a patch which would
> add a nicer interface for dealing with raw SQL queries.  While there I
> talked to RKM about where it should fit into the ORM API and where in
> the code base should live.  I've finally gotten around to finishing
> the code I wrote during the sprint and have posted a patch to the
> related ticket (http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/11863).  You can
> also get the code from http://github.com/SeanOC/django.
>
> So far the patch is functional and has some basic unit tests but it is
> not documented.  I'll be working on the documentation this week.  In
> the mean time, the unit tests are probably the best place too look for
> how to use the code.
>
> If anybody would like to look over the code and provide some feedback
> it would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the noise, but ... this stuff is really good. Great job!

One perhaps silly question: I saw the testAnnotations test, and I was
wondering if the annotation could be any possible SQL supported by the
DB.

For e.g.

"SELECT a.*, db_specific_function(a.id) as my_annotation FROM
raw_query_author a ORDER BY a.id"

Regards
Rajeev J Sebastian