Jacob, I'm afraid you totally misunderstood me.
My message was intended to encourage people to
scratch their own itches more now that it's so
much easier -- and, of course, give back --
instead of grumbling on the mailing list.

I fail to see how can "so it's time to put the
grudges behind and happily fork and branch Django
on the DVCS sites whenever there's a need for
something missing from or broken in the official
trunk - and, what's perhaps even more important,
give back by shepherding the corresponding tickets
in Django trac" considered to be hostile.

Baffled,
MS

P.S. I've worked on [1] exactly that way, is that
considered to be hostile?! If so, please elaborate.

[1] http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/7028