On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 2:42 PM, Yuri Baburov <burc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Like, calling current Manager a DefaultManager, and making "Manager =
> load(settings.MODEL_MANAGER) or DefaultManager". Or
> Manager.get_queryset calling customizable method. Any.

If a suggestion like this is going to be implemented, I'd prefer it to
be part of the database backend rather than a setting, because:

1. We already have a ton of DB-related settings, possibly more than we need.

2. Backends already support things like a custom Query class, and so
this would be the logical place for it to go.

3. Encapsulating this as part of a DB backend most likely gives you a
lot more freedom to build in all sorts of complex enterprisey stuff if
you really want it.