On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 11:27 AM, mrts <mrts.py...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have thought about the process a bit and even wrote some
> helper code.
>
> Unfortunately I fell ill and haven't fully recovered (and am
> therefore horribly off-schedule with my work), so I haven't
> had the chance to continue with the effort.
> *Notoriously* bad timing, considering we had a similar
> discussion before and that the sprint is coming up soon.

Sorry to hear that.  The document you linked is a start, but I'm a bit
concerned by this goal:
 "to keep the main integration branch as stable as the official trunk
so that it can be used in actual deployments"

My concern here would be that people become dependent on your
selections for prod, and some of these changes never get merged to
mainline, so that there's functionally a fork in terms of support and
community.

I guess people will vote with their feet if your queue is really
better.  If I do run sprint repos, my specific purpose will be to
provide patchsets for easy integration, but no expectation of people
using those branches for deployment.  :-/