Not to start a flame war --- but PLEASE! don't use git.  I already
have to use the other two leading DVCS's and all three are one too
many.
I personally prefer bazaar, but python itself and pywin32 are both
committed to mercurial.  I suspect that hg would be a better choice
for most people.
--
Vernon Cole