This is a good feature and I also have my custom cache backend with
project-level key prefixes. It was easy to implement and doesn't
require changes in django core. But if this backend is in django core
(that's a good idea) then some other changes should be done. There
will be 2 similar options after this change:
CACHE_MIDDLEWARE_KEY_PREFIX and PROJECT_CACHE_PREFIX. I think the
patch should deprecate CACHE_MIDDLEWARE_KEY_PREFIX and maybe overhaul
key_prefix arguments (and their defaults) to make the code cleaner.