On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 12:20 AM, Alex Gaynor <alex.gay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not really.  The big win from a class-based view is not being able to
> store state, you can do that with local variables, it's being able to
> override parts of the behavior without needing to rewrite the entire
> view, or add 101 parameters.

Agreed. There is already an object to store state per request. It's
the request object. It's there for a reason. Adding data to the
class instance would be like adding data to the view function (like
view_function.data = "spam"). No one would agree that's a good idea.

> We don't have that documentation for the admin.  Either we need it, or
> our users are a little bit smarter than we're giving them credit.

Playing devil's advocate, the admin may not be accessed as much as the
main site, so bugs involving concurrent access may not crop up as much
or be prioritized lower depending on the organization creating the
website.

--
Ian

http://www.ianlewis.org/