On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 12:12 PM, Ian Lewis <ianmle...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 11:20 AM, Russell Keith-Magee
> <russ...@keith-magee.com> wrote:
> While I'm in the "one singleton view instance is best" camp and think
> that storing some state on the request and some on the view is a bit
> gross, I understand Russell's arguments. New users are simply going to
> save stuff on self no matter how much we complain, document etc. It's
> simply a reality that likely can't be helped much.
>
> Other frameworks seem have View/Handler instances per request, such as
> appengine's webapp so there is some precedent for creating an instance
> per request.
>
> http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/python/gettingstarted/handlingforms.html

I don't think you'll find any argument that having an instance per
request would solve all the problems that this thread has described.
The issue is how to declare a view that is able to be instantiated on
a instance-per-request basis while simultaneously allowing decorators
to be easily wrapped around that view.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)