On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 5:18 PM, Jannis Leidel <jan...@leidel.info> wrote:
> On 03.11.2010, at 12:01, burc...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Hi Jannis,

>>> I'm feeling strongly against moving from the "value as name" to the
>>> "name=value" notation, since I think the former is actually more readable
>>> than the latter for the targetted audience (template authors).
>>
>> If you are not asking real people, it's a speculation anyway.
>
> Heh, so you are saying my gut feeling is speculative, I'm not sure what to
> respond to that. In any case, you are implying that I'm not "real people" --
> what ever that is -- I can assure you that I use templates as a programmer
> and a designer. In case you think "we programmers can do whatever we want,
> the designer won't even notice the api change", I have to admit the designer
> in me feels a little insulted.
>
> It does make a difference to use a mathamatical sign in a commonly used
> aspect of the template language than prose.  Note, I'm not saying that I
> disagree with getting rid of warts (#7817, #9456), but actually proposed a
> compromise that was already mentioned by another core dev.
I also don't disagree, just not completely agree with your reasoning.

Sorry for being harsh. Just "my inner designer" gets confused when
someone calls "as" and "and" much useful for purpose of setting
variables rather than "=". Hm.... Maybe because HTML uses "=" for
setting attributes? :)

>>> Well, I think that's actually not a bad notation at all (if using the
>>> correct order :), so for #7817 I propose the following syntax (as
>>> analogously proposed by #9456 for {% with %}):
>>>
>>> {% include "name_snippet.html" with "Joe" as name and "Hello" as greeting %}

Best regards, Yuri V. Baburov, ICQ# 99934676, Skype: yuri.baburov,
MSN: bu...@live.com