In a fit of coincidental timing, I was just being frustrated by this
very issue with inclusion tags today. I'm +1 on supporting kwargs with
"=". It is in fact *more* familiar to someone who works with HTML to
be able to assign attributes in arbitrary order, for example:

works the same as:

<a  id="my_id" class="green" href="http://example.com";>

whereas this is just nonsense:

<a "http://example.com"; "my_id" "green">

and this is even more broken:

<a http://example.com as src and my_id as id and green as class>

So any argument about not using kwargs being "for template authors"
seems a bit silly to me. Designers may not be programmers (though many
of them are these days), but the reality of the tools they already use
is that this is a familiar syntax.

All the best,

    - Gabriel