> I'd argue that an autoresponder is almost exactly what we *don't*
> need. An autoreponder can give the illusion of that a message has been
> received when it's really just a robot going through the motions. The
> worst possible situation would be an autoreponse message that says
> "We're looking into it" when the message has actually fallen into the
> bit bucket.

That makes sense. I was thinking an autoresponder along the lines of
"Your message got to our servers and wasn't marked as spam, but a real
person hasn't looked at it yet. We try to respond to all messages with
X days, if you haven't heard from us by then, please do Y."

Something like that would bridge the gap between "we got your message"
and "we've been able to replicate the issue and have some idea for a
fix".

-Paul