Heh, already put a few hours doing something like this. There's some
django-discus attempts out there--have you looked at them? I haven't
bothered to notice if any use the comments framework but it sure would
be handy to make comments out of discus or backtype feeds or variants
thereof.

But whether it was in trunk or just somewhere on github, I'd use it
either way. In my thinking about doing this I never really ran into a
compatibility/patch issue. Did you?

-Steve