On Mon, 7 Mar 2011 18:11:19 -0800 (PST), Rohit Sethi <rkli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Luke, I guess the real question is what's the risk of not including it
> out-of-the-box?

Well, it *is* not included out-of-the-box. The universe has not collapsed.

While I appreciate your proposal, I don't see the immediate necessity to
stop all other django development. As Russell wrote: Nothing will happen
until somebody gets their hands dirty and writes some code. And the
past has proved that this happens much better independently from the
release cycle of the django core. When a good solution has been found,
it might go into the core.

It's simply easier to try out various concepts out of the core.

Kind regards

Michael