On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 8:45 AM, Waldemar Kornewald
<wkornew...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That's pretty much exactly what django-filetransfers tries to do on
> the download side:
> http://www.allbuttonspressed.com/projects/django-filetransfers
> Hotever it's not only for X-Sendfile, but also for any other file
> serving mechanisms and it's not only for downloads, but also for
> uploads. There's also a corresponding patch (which still needs lots of
> work) for including that functionality in Django
> (http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/13960).
>
> Is this what you were thinking of?

Maybe... but there's a *lot* more going on in that patch that I don't
understand. There seems to be no documentation so I'm having to puzzle
through the patch -- all this prepare_upload stuff, backends,
serve_file indirection just confuses me. Not to mention this new "form
traits" mechanism I don't quite get, either.

I think the big difference between my proposal and this patch is that
my way should be doable without a patch to Django. That is, no new
setting, no internals changes, etc. -- it should all be possible with
a HttpResponse subclass and a set of middleware. I'm not quite sure
what all the additionally complication your patch gains.

Jacob