Hi,

I am the author of the django-formrenderingtools package, which focuses on a template tag library to render forms.
Currently widgets and formsets are not supported, but they could be.
I guess it matches the subject of the GSoC.

So I would be glad if you had a look at my work. It is certainly not perfect, but I did my best. Although the code is available since some time now (2009 as I remember) I really miss feedback from other users. I do not know if others are using the application, and if not, I do not know why.
I recently worked on the following items so that you can review it quickly :
* documentation
* packaging
* a demo project to discover the application and try it in a sandbox
The version 0.2.1, released on last sunday, is tagged as "beta", but I am using it in production. I mainly miss feedback to be sure.

I am open to any suggestions if I can help:
* I can switch to Github if it helps
* I can adapt the license
* I will try to follow this GSoC and contribute to discussions

I would be glad to share my work and contribute to this topic...

Some links :
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/django-formrenderingtools/
http://packages.python.org/django-formrenderingtools/
https://bitbucket.org/benoitbryon/django-formrenderingtools/src

About the particular topic of your original post :
http://packages.python.org/django-formrenderingtools/reference/template_tags.html
http://packages.python.org/django-formrenderingtools/reference/template_names.html

--
Benoît Bryon