Hi,

The progress went slower than expected because I had to analyze some
more runtime differences between Django and Jinja2 which I missed at
first. The main problem are changes in the safe-string behavior but I
think I found a possible solution to counter that. I had to diverge
from my previous plan to keep the nodes unchanged from Jinja2 so at
that point it's pretty sure that Jinja2 will not survive this GSOC
without breaking backwards compat on it's extension interface either
which now simplify further plannings.

First pieces of currently meaningless code are checked in, so is an
OBSERVATIONS file which has some notes on internals. I will update
this file with more internal notes as the project progresses.

Regards,
Armin