On Sep 13, 2011, at 9:28 PM, Reinout van Rees wrote:

On 13-09-11 20:33, Tobias McNulty wrote:
   I love it when problems solve themselves :-)

That's a good point.  Are there *any* methods in the CBVs that don't
take arguments, that also modify data? The only one that I found in the
list I'd initially proposed that can be called without arguments is
as_view(), and I'm not sure that really even needs protection.  Maybe
there's no need to protect anything with alters_data / proxying?

There's not really anything useful you can do with as_view in your template, should you attempt it. I also don't think you can do anything destructive with it.

as_view() is a classonlymethod, which gives an AttributeError when called on an instance, so putting an instance of the cbv in the context seems fine for as far as this is concerned.