I don't agree with most points because they are assuming functions are less
fancy, less customizable, less clean, more complex, etc than classes and
this is not true (but let's not start FP vs OOP holywar here, FP and OOP are
friends in python).

I like Jacob's proposal because there should be one way to do something and
this way can't be mixins because they can't work with functions. Decorators
can work with classes, this is standard python and it will be nice to have
them work with class-based views.