On Dec 5, 2:44 am, Vinay Sajip <vinay_sa...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Okay, thanks - I'll look at these. By the way, I tried to get a
> PostgreSQL server set up on my system (9.1, as that's the default for
> Ubuntu Oneiric) and started running the tests, but they are running
> very very slowly. I've got a very simple settings.py that basically
> just has the minimum database connectivity settings (the same for
> 'default' and 'other', just the database name, username and password
> all set to 'djangotest'). Are there any other settings I need to set
> for a reasonable performance? I assumed the tests would use
> transactions by default, but I'm not sure if that's correct.

There is one easy thing you can do for testing, set fsync to off in
postgresql.conf. The file is probably at /etc/postgresql/9.1/main/
postgresql.conf. Then restart the server and tests should be way
faster. Note that if your machine crashes, you will likely lose all
data. But as this is testing server that should not matter.

To speed up things, here are the tests that failed for me after the
fixes posted upthread:
 - cache
 - select_for_update
 - queries
 - admin_views

Although I ran out of patience, there might be more still.