On 12/05/2011 01:41 PM, Vinay Sajip wrote:
I've eliminated many of the errors here, but a few remain, at least
some of which are related to the psycopg2 driver under Python 3 [e.g.
test_ticket10432 leads to a SQL query apparently legitimately
containing " IN ()", which the backend rejects as a syntax error]. I'm
running the full suite now, but I don't expect it to finish before the
end of the day :-

The test_ticket10432 should not generate any query at all. The tests in django/db/models/sql/where.py should ensure that in the case of empty __in condition the query will not be executed at all (or that part of the where condition is removed if it is possible for the query to return rows if the __in=() executes to False).

The problem is that the test in where.py:
if hasattr(value, '__iter__') and hasattr(value, 'next')
isn't correct. It seems that in python3 the 'next' has been renamed to '__next__' and thus the generator will not be consumed. My python3 knowledge is basically nonexistent, so it might be I am wrong here.

As for test running speed: how fast is it for you? For me, using an old laptop, the speed is around 20-30 minutes (can't test for accurate speed right now). So, if it is much slower, you have something strange in your setup.

 - Anssi