While I agree it should be dropped, I was discussing this with the Twisted guys. They pointed out that it will actually receive security updates through 2013. This is thanks to Ubuntu 8.10 LTS. I'm sure Canonical could tap into someone like Barry to fix it if serious enough.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad

On Dec 11, 2011 11:31 PM, Paul McMillan <p...@mcmillan.ws> wrote:
> 2.5 is EOL and no longer receiving security patches even, it is
> *irresponsible* of us to support it (I claim).  ANyways +1

This. +1 from me. We do everything else in our power to encourage
secure behavior from our users, this is yet another appropriate step.

-Paul