On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 12:10 PM, Paul McMillan <p...@mcmillan.ws> wrote:
>> That seems like a simpler workaround than arch upgrade or replacing
>> dict implementation.
>
> This problem has nothing to do with slowloris.
>
> Replacing dict implementation prevents an attacker from producing keys
> which are intentionally n^2 hard for dictionary operations.

Sure, I understand these are 2 different attack vectors.  I just meant
that putting a proxy in front is a general solution that isn't
invasive to app code.  It seems that this crafted-hash-collision
vector doesn't have a clean answer like that.  There are workarounds,
but they may not apply to particular codebases.