On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 3:12 PM, Alex Gaynor <alex.gay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Folks, you seem to have missed Russell's point.  Even if 100 people +1 this,
> it's meaningless.  That's a tiny fraction of this mailing list's readership,
> much less of the Django community at large.  Django is the way it is
> because, first and foremost, of taste.  If you'd like to make an argument as
> to *why* it's useful, that's useful, but we don't take polls.

I think all the arguments have been stated, and quite well.

So, how many people have to disagree with a BDFL before something will
be reconsidered? I do understand what the 'D' in BDFL stands for…

Perhaps it would be better for the reasons for rejecting this change
to be made clear. Russell alludes to this being an aesthetic decision.
I am no aesthete, so for those of us not so gifted, can you explain
why having multiline capable tags would ruin the beauty of django?

Cheers

Tom