On Thursday, April 5, 2012 at 12:04 PM, Alex Gaynor wrote:
> I haven't been following this thread nearly closely enough.  But ISTM that
> any abstraction that doesn't let the admin work with any User (assuming it
> supplies the right interface) isn't very useful, and rather misses the point.

I'm starting to come to the conclusion that as part of this process we'll need
to document a sort of "minimal viable user" -- the smallest set of user APIs
that a reusable app -- including the admin -- can reasonably rely on. If we're
fairly clear about this interface then it remains fairly easy to produce apps
that rely on auth in an abstract way. In fact, this sort of "minimal user"
might even make auth-dependant reusable apps *more* prevalent since at the
moment the set of user APIs are rather nebulous and ill-specified.

Jacob