Hi,

>> Both of these were fixed by using the new implementations from Django
>> itself, and re-applying our small changes.
>>
>> Should I raise backwards-incompatibility tickets for these? They're pretty
>> obscure, and I can't imagine many people are doing them. I raised #17891
>> because the code involved a clear extension point.
>
> Thanks for sharing this story, Dan! It's great to hear. Let us know
> about the performance differences (if any), too.

Well, we're finally getting into the performance side of things now!

The first big regression for us was that our test suite took 20% longer to run.
I traced this down to the new default password hasher. This is clearly by
design - and we'll just use the PASSWORD_HASHERS setting to use a faster (and
much less secure) hasher for test runs.

Fortunately our app uses an external authentication service for most of its
users, so this won't affect us in production - but for those running sites with
high signup rates, this could be a surprise. Is that worth a mention in the
release notes?

Cheers,
Dan
--