On August 4, PyLadies SF will collaborate with Django sprinters in San
Francisco to improve the Django tutorial.

I expect around 30 people will attend, including Alex Gaynor and Karen
Rustad (
http://pyvideo.org/video/713/improving-documentation-with-beginners-mind-o
).

We'll run a prep session on Aug 1 for people who are new to
contributing - the idea is to help get machines set up, give some feel
for the task, etc.

On Aug 4, I suspect the work will go as:

Identify the audience/reader archetypes
poke holes in the existing tutorial given the archetypes
group people around the holes they want to fill
collaborate on a new outline
split off for specific prose writing
then final edit pass (or 2) to fix editorial voice/congruence problems

If you would like more information or disagree with the general
direction, please speak up.

Cheers,
  Jeremy