heya,

Aha, yes - we need a roadmap, and somebody from the team to execute it
*grins*.

For the former - I believe there was already discussions on that sort of
thing on this board?

There's a wiki page with some notes as well:

https://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/AdminNext

I also had a look at some of the existing projects:

   - https://github.com/yawd/yawd-admin
   - https://github.com/michaelhelmick/django-bootstrap-admin (Doesn't
   appear to be too active)
   - https://github.com/riccardo-forina/django-admin-bootstrapped
   - https://github.com/aobo711/bootstrap-django-admin
   - https://github.com/gkuhn1/django-admin-templates-twitter-bootstrap
   (Doesn't appear to be too active)
   - https://github.com/divio/djangocms-admin-style

And there's obviously Grapelli.

A lot of these are obviously just reskins, while others offer a bit more.

>From the existing projects, we can draw two clear requirements that people
want:

   - Changing the look and feel - I'm not sure what Django core's feelings
   on it, but there seems to be a feeling from the community that the look of
   the current Django Admin is somewhat dated? Also, any new admin should
   probably be responsive, and work on mobile or non-desktop devices, if
   that's possible.
   - More customisations -  a lot of people want to create dashboards
   around the admin, add new sections/tabs, or move things around - the
   current Admin doesn't have much scope for that, or it's not easily
   accessible.

For the latter, not sure I can help you there...lol. I thought Idan Gazit
was working on something before though? Or are there other designers on the
Core team?

Cheers,
Victor