I have a point about kickstarter powered projects. Anyone can send one, but
in my opinion only projects extensively discussed here with a complete
roadmap can have success. Actually I think that it also should have
mentors, like GSOC, while aproved by community via money.

Also, Andrew proposal is something that will impact (for good) on life of
every Django developer. Every Django developer with even very small
projects use South today. About admin, my self as superuser of my projects
don't use it very much, and never used any re-skin.

Of course I'm +1 to improvements on admin, but I'm sure that we have points
where we can improve much more with help of kickstarter, as example
improvements on ORM, NoSQL databases integration, Form Templates (
https://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/SummerOfCode2012#FinishingoffFormTemplates
).

It isn't in any way criticism to your idea Victor, but I fear that everyone
want to start your own project to Django in that kickstarter model.

Bests,

Felipe 'chronos' Prenholato.
Linux User nÂș 405489
Home page: http://devwithpassion.com | http://chronosbox.org/blog