On Thursday, April 25, 2013 7:06:06 PM UTC+2, Adrian Holovaty wrote:

> Also, I should mention that this should be *optional* behavior, as the
> current behavior is reasonable for the common case. The API for specifying
> this "load everything" behavior is a separate discussion. Perhaps a keyword
> argument like: User.objects.only('username', loadall=True).

I could imagine a Meta attribute which introduces so called "deferred
groups" like SA has
http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/latest/orm/mapper_config.html#deferred-column-loading,

accessing one column of a group will load all columns of the group. Not
sure if we want that level of control, but I thought it would be worth to
look what SA can do in this regard.

Regards,
Florian