Hi Simon,

> I feel that the general attitude expressed in some of the tickets is
> poor. The one which prompted this post
> is https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/901. I think comment 20
> <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/901#comment:20> is a good
> demonstration of my point. A couple of users were getting frustrated at
> the lack of discussion/progress which resulted in a fairly sanctimonious
> rant.

I'm afraid I really couldn't disagree more with your characterisation of
this situation.

If you just read the ticket, you'll find that different core developers
asked people to move discussion to the mailing list *3 times*, and quite
politely.

Everyone who comments after that point either hasn't read or has decided
to ignore *3 requests* about how to get the ticket to progress. And to
add insult to the injury of having wasted people's time already, some
start adding comments about how feature requests for Django are a waste
of time.

This is the height of rudeness, and if all they got was a sanctimonious
reply, they got better than they deserved.

I'm not claiming that we couldn't do better in terms of our clarifying
our processes and so on, but I think you picked an example that
demonstrates exactly the opposite of what you claimed.

Best regards,

Luke

--
"God demonstrates his love towards us in this, that while we were
still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8)

Luke Plant || http://lukeplant.me.uk/