I think it's better to follow the convention used by almost every other bug
tracker and stick with WONTFIX. Changing the name will be confusing. I
think the best route forward is to not take bug status wording as a
personal offense and be happy that those that set the status almost always
give an explanation as to why the case is being closed.

Regards,
Michael Manfre