On 15 mai 2013, at 12:20, Luke Plant <l.plant...@cantab.net> wrote:

> So I've gone ahead and created a wiki page, which can be longer and more
> friendly, and require a shorter response on the actual ticket, something
> like this:
>
>  Closing as WONTFIX because ...
>
>  If you want to persuade us otherwise, please bring it up on the
>  DevelopersMailingList
>
> The page:

> That's my draft, feel free to edit. We don't want it too long, as that
> is intimidating by itself, but some of the points you make might would
> be good additions
>
> What do people think?

That's very helpful.

Actually we already have a few wiki pages for this purpose:
https://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/TicketClosingReasons

They have varying levels of detail, and some could use an
update. I suggest moving the page you just created there,
so it's easier to locate it in the future.

This is also a reminder to triagers that these answers exist.
I agree with Luke that they should be used in combination
with a short and specific explanation.

--
Aymeric.