As suggested to me (privately) by Tom Evans, I've started trying to
keep an eye on tickets that bounce back and forth between open and
wontfix. If a ticket "bounces" a few times it's probably a sign that
there's something going on, and we may want to proactively start a
mailing list thread rather than waiting for "someone" to do it.

https://www.djangoproject.com/trac/bouncing/ is that view; I hope
you'll help me keep an eye on it and bring stuff here if it needs
bringing.

Thanks again for the suggestion, Tom.

Jacob