On 21.05.2013, at 15:06, Aymeric Augustin <aymeric.augus...@polytechnique.org>
wrote:

> 2013/5/21 Jannis Leidel <lei...@gmail.com>
> I'd like propose to combine all the django-localflavor-* packages - that were
> moved out of contrib a while ago - into a new "django-localflavor" package.
> None of the current maintainers would lose the commit bit. I'm ready to do
> the heavy lifting for that.
>
> I'd love to see localflavor in a better shape, even though I don't have
> strong opinions on what should be done.
>
> The situation would certainly be less dire if we had looked for maintainers.
> Did we say clearly that we wanted to hand over the repositories to local
> maintainers?
>
> Merging the repositories again will require a non-negligible amount of work
> and a second migration for users who already started using
> django_localflavor_xx.
>
> However, if you're convinced that's the right thing to do at this point, I
> don't oppose that move. It would help maintain best practices, especially
> wrt. backwards-compatibility and testing.

Agreed, the maintenance policy would be along the lines of what Django does,
but it wouldn't be hard-locked into Django's release cycle. In case there would
be changes in Django that require a backwards-incompatible change localflavor
ought to support both APIs (as long as the old API is in a maintained version
of Django).

Jannis