On Tuesday, May 21, 2013 5:51:11 AM UTC-7, Jannis Leidel wrote:

> So what I propose to fix this is simple:
>
> - combine the localflavor packages into one Python package again, call it
> django-localflavor
> - give all the individual country maintainers also access to that package
> - have a central documentation, e.g. django-localflavor.readthedocs.org
> - update the Django docs to point to that package
> - ask the maintainers of the 7 already released packages to point to the
> newly created django-localflavor

I am also for this.

However, if the django-localflavor merge doesn't occur, at a minimum the
django-localflavor-* ecosystem needs:

- A procedure for requesting access to maintain a django-localflavor-*
variant
- A project for maintaining suggestions and guidelines for
django-localflavor maintainers (e.g. use PyPI, add South rules, use tox)
- Relevant links to procedures and guidelines in every django-localflavor-*
README file

I volunteer help merge changes for the django-localflavor-us variant if
help is needed.