Per the recent Red Hat Summit in Boston, RHEL7 willl be based off of Fedora
19, so yes: 2.7 will be the default /usr/bin/python in that distribution.

A related point of note: Python 2.6 is also easily installable on RHEL5 via
EPEL (parallel-installable with the Python 2.4 release that shipped with
RHEL). So, for both current major releases of RHEL/CentOS/Scientific Linux,
Python 2.6 is a common denominator.

(One could argue, though, that perhaps effort might be better-spent
packaging Python 2.7 for EPEL6 much like 2.6 was back-ported to RHEL5 via
EPEL, which would solve the problem for more projects than just Django. ;))

-Ed

--
Ed Marshall <e...@logic.net>
Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas.