On 07/01/2013 10:34 AM, Clayton Keller wrote:
On 07/01/2013 10:17 AM, Peter Herndon wrote:
Hi all,

For those on RHEL6 or a derivative, please note that RHEL Software
Collections will provide an installation source for Python 2.7 and
3.3, as well as Postgres 9.2 and both MySQL 5.5 and MariaDB 5.5, and
works for RHELs 6.2-6.4.

Furthermore, "With the notable exception of Node.js, all Red Hat
Software Collections components are fully supported under Red Hat
Enterprise Linux Subscription Level Agreements, are functionally
complete, and are intended for production use."

https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Software_Collections/1-Beta/html/1.0_Release_Notes/chap-RHSCL.html

I ran across this announcement via Nick Coghlan.

So, there's a supported version of Python 2.7 and 3.3 for RHEL 6,
which should make Python deprecation choices easier. I would suggest
that the above link get some mention in the documentation, as this
will make things much easier to sell in shops that value stability and
support, if this alternative solution is better known.

Regards,

---Peter

On Jun 29, 2013, at 5:08 AM, Florian Apolloner <f.apollo...@gmail.com>