On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 8:28 AM, Some Developer
<someukdevelo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 21/07/2013 05:08, Curtis Maloney wrote:
>>
>> I wasn't aware there was a particular performance issue, but I'll
>> certainly keep it in mind.
>

> Take a look at this:
>
> http://www.peterbe.com/plog/fcgi-vs-gunicorn-vs-uwsgi
>
> I've probably already said it but if you want some help with this project
> I'd be interested.

Did you notice that the first thing that anyone does when benchmarking
HTTP servers is that they reduce the work being done by the server so
that it is trivial. That link explains it best, if you throw away
everything that Django provides and simply use it to render a static
string, then uWSGI is faster than gunicorn, which is faster than FCGI.
If you leave any of it enabled however, they all benchmark at
precisely the same speed.

So, if your django website does not use sessions nor databases nor
templates, then sure, you get a huge performance benefit from fiddling
around with serving mechanisms.

Cheers

Tom