Hi Vajrasky,

On Saturday, November 9, 2013 4:47:35 PM UTC+1, Vajrasky Kok wrote:

> While working on this ticket, I was pondering whether we should really fix
> this or not because one of the core developers said,

Imo fixing this won't be easy; see for instance how admin_urlname filter is
implemented; we'd have a hard time passing anything else in thereā€¦

> "What is the point of fixing something that we would deprecate in a short
> time?"

Not much.

Would it be better if we just raise error if someone provided keyword
> `app_name` argument in AdminSite constructor? This would not break
> backward-incompatibility because this bug had prevented someone to provide
> keyword `app_name` anyway.

Since it's already broken anyways we can just remove it instead of raising
an error.

Cheers,
Florian

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/1993256d-a52c-4324-8c19-98cb9951401e%40googlegroups.com.