Hi Russ,

On Wednesday, November 13, 2013 2:16:13 AM UTC+1, Russell Keith-Magee wrote:

> The use case was simple -- deploy two instances of admin in a single
> project. For example, you might have a truly 'access-all-areas' admin, and
> a cut down/modified admin for trusted editors that has specially customised
> workflows, etc. Admin has been specifically designed to allow this, and
> it's a documented feature [1].

This is something which can be done currently by supplying the name
argument to the AdminSite [1] (this changes the instance namespace name for
the urlconf). But we also have a lesser known (and not working) feature
where you can also modify the app_name itself [2] -- which is causing
problems here (application namespace vs instance namespace). I am not sure
what app_name provides aside from more complexity :)

Cheers,
Florian

[1]
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/contrib/admin/#django.contrib.admin.AdminSite