Russ & Carl:

Thanks for the course correction. I guess one tends to read what one wants
to see, rather than what the writer wrote.

Yes, this would make a good package, and I can do some different things
with it that way.  For example, I really want to type:
>dj -s test_vernon <command>
rather than:
>python manage.py <command> --settings=myproject.preset.test_vernon

I may call it something like django-quick-settings.

Again, thank you for your always kind and valuable input.
--
Vernon Cole

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/e97b2c6e-566a-4fd5-924e-6f8b4f85e569%40googlegroups.com.