Hi,

Regarding the translation issues, there's a lengthy discussion on https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/11688 which you might find interesting.

--
Baptiste

On 03/13/2014 10:00 AM, Алексей Сидаш wrote:

    How so? Can you provide a few examples -- I know that numbering
    can be a problem for Russian translations, but that's hardly a
    problem of the admin itself.

There are three grammatical genders in Russian, and all the words in sentense should match gender of subject. You seem to be right about abusing meta with this work, gettext functionality may be enough, gettext `context` feature may help. See this question <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6143547/handling-grammatical-gender-with-gettext>. We need to make some changes in templates, admin tempates to add apropriate context for needed letters.
For example, we have two models. *Article* and *Post*.
In English we say /"Add new Article"/ and /"Add new Post"/, right?
But in Russian article's grammatical gender is "female", but post's grammatical gender is "male", so we should say "Добавить нов*ую* Статью" for "Add new Article" and "Добавить нов*ый *Пост" for "Add new Post". The suffix (bold) depends on noun's(Model name in this case) grammatical gender. I believe, this problem takes place not only in Russian, but, unfortunately, I speak only Russian and English. One of the solutions is providing *gettext_context* field in model's Meta(or in more suitable place) and select aproppriate translation, depending on this property using contextual markers <https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.6/topics/i18n/translation/#contextual-markers>.

        Also, I think we may add custom admin widgets for every
        application, for example, we define a Meta class in
        application __init__.py, where we make add property
        widget_template, and add there something custom instead of
        default links.

    I don't see any benefit in this, you'll need to explain this in
    more detail.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-PL3h7Hx7i1w/UyFvYXGM7FI/AAAAAAAAAIU/fo25cm2lZl8/s1600/admin.png>

Do you see red line? Here, instad of simple link, some custom information may be shown. For example, /"N new users registered in last 24 hours"/ and staff like that.

Also, notifications in main page of admin panel may be useful, for example: Blog application, where admins can publish posts and users can comment them. When post, published by me is commented, Blog application pushes new notification, and I can see an active button in admin(Something like github notifications).

Thank you for your answer,

Best regards,

Alexey

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django developers" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-developers+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:django-developers+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To post to this group, send email to django-developers@googlegroups.com <mailto:django-developers@googlegroups.com>.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/de489d7d-dd72-42fc-9497-785771ad23a0%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/de489d7d-dd72-42fc-9497-785771ad23a0%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/5321A273.1040307%40gmail.com.