On Fri, Jul 4, 2014 at 7:44 PM, Anssi Kääriäinen
<anssi.kaariai...@thl.fi> wrote:
> I wasn't able to reproduce this - are you sure the query is exactly the same
> both on 1.6 and 1.7? Are models are set up correctly before generating the
> query? If after double-checking you still get the error, could you post a
> sample project somewhere?

I have created a test repository at
<https://github.com/jdufresne/django-test-field-error>

Upon recreating the test scenario, I have discovered that this is a
false alarm. In my original testing I didn't add my app with the
models to the list of INSALLED_APPS. Without this step (which is
clearly a bug in my test application) the FieldError occurs.

Testing, I see that the OUTER JOIN in 1.6 did in fact change to an
INNER JOIN in 1.7! Thanks for that! Sorry about the confusion and my
mistakes.

Cheers,
Jon

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CADhq2b4CEwX%3DZhW-bzoU59F8T4%2BtWWtrsCvfxjsiVegL%2BVy2YQ%40mail.gmail.com.