#14787 <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/14787>

The ticket says to handle more errors on *FileField*. The idea it suggests
is by propagating errors from uploadhandler to forms.
Recently I took to solving the issue.

If we look in files/uploadhandler.py
<https://github.com/django/django/blob/master/django/core/files/uploadhandler.py>,

there does not seems to be a proper mechanism to handle errors there or
raise errors and then catch in forms. Also I feel that all particular
errors for a particular thing should be together at one place.
For *max_size*, I have added a diff:14787.diff
<https://code.djangoproject.com/attachment/ticket/14787/14787.diff> on the
ticket. What it does is add a new attribute for max_size and then in
forms.FileField.to_python()
<https://github.com/django/django/blob/master/django/forms/fields.py#L582>,
where all checks are there, it adds another check for the same.
Before trying to add checks for anything else, I had a discussion with Tim
Graham on this. So what he told me is there are several third party
implementations which do similar things.

So there are two questions:
1.) Should we including this in core, i.e. the *max_size* attribute and
corresponding check ?
2.) If not is there any other way to address the issue in the ticket?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/9e1046eb-4b9e-411a-8b31-2b6c6bcd51fa%40googlegroups.com.