It could be useful, however, I think many projects would also want to have
some way of configuring the max file upload size without having to specify
it on every FileField. One way to achieve this might be if a a custom file
upload handler could raise an exception that would be presented as a form
field error which is the original idea from that ticket.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/f1977310-4249-48b0-904d-d849444dba3a%40googlegroups.com.