Christian, have you seen the patch review checklist I put together?

https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/internals/contributing/writing-code/submitting-patches/#patch-review-checklist

That is basically what I do when I review a patch. If a patch meets those
guidelines, please mark it RFC. A core dev will always do a final review,
but it helps a lot if we don't have to explain those basics to new
contributors. Sure, you will make mistakes, but that is the only way to
learn and the risks are low. Over time, the core team will see that the
patches your mark as RFC are really RFC as you said, and we're likely to
ask you the join the team so you can just commit those patches that you
review yourself.

Regarding Trac, would you mind explaining what Trac is blocking you from
doing? Perhaps we can try to address some of those issues.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/e41b99a9-e998-48b9-871c-c9f8b2183728%40googlegroups.com.